Cant get rid of an application named My Skyscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhik1984

Sirs,

Im in a deep trouble. I bought a new Nokia E71 last week. So I have been downloading some softwares off and on to make my phone workable. One of them is My Scyscape - a medical software (Im a health care professional) and along with it came one bugger named Medalert. I found them not useful but when i did i found i was unable to uninstall them as there was no such option and they are also not listed in the Add/Remove Programs from Control Panel. I searched on google and found that I may do it with some software called Final Uninstaller but after I downloaded it, I found it itself to me a malware.

Now since I have installed this Skyscape software, I have started facing erroneous problems. That night I was watching some movie using InterVideo WinDVD which I have been using for the last 5 yrs! The movie was in my portable HD as usu. The laptop turned off automatically thrice while I was watching it. I switched on the power switch and it booted normally as if I am booting a switched off pc. I use Win XP. Is it a virus problem. Some softwares I installed almost at similar times are Norton Antivirus 2010 which they had sent me as an updat as I am a yearly subscriber of Norton. Am I under threat? Please help me. If something happens to my Lappy I shall be nowhere. It contains the valuable data of two my research projects. Although I take irregular backup in the protable HD, I still get nightmares. Please help. One more prob Iam getting with my Nokia smartphone is that Im unable to transfer some pictures from my lappy to my phone using bluetooth. Its saying OBEX_ESP_ERROR. some computer engineer said its due to virus! Can it be possible inspite of continuous vigilence of Norton. Please Please Please help me.

Thanks
Anirban

Try Revo uninstaller as aqua suggested..

If that fails to help, try the Windows Installer Cleanup tool. This tool will remove all of the software's occurences in Windows' registry (you'll need to cleanup its file afterward yourself.. or just leave 'em there if you want)

Given the history of your problem, i think the best place to start is to first verify you have no malware still resident on your computer (since you downloaded the bogus uninstaller) See here for Virus/Malware Removal Instructions

Then create a new thread in Virus forum and post your logs per instructions. Once you've been declared malware free can try to see if there's anything else that can be done from a system cleanup perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back