Can't install latest Flash player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macx

Must have had whatever version of Flash Player required for Yahoo Chat cuz it worked fine for quite some time.

Then, without me doing anything, chat wouldn't work any more, and told me I had to have such and such a version of Flash and gave me a link to get it.

OK, downloaded it no problem.

Click on it to install and it says it's not a valid Win32 application.

Few days ago somebody suggested to delete the old Flash - couldn't find one to delete.

I'm stuck again.

Thanks for any help.

my suggestion would be to go to adobe's website and download the latest version from them. If you cannot find flash in your add/remove programs then you should check your browsers add-on/extensions and make sure to remove any versions before installing the latest.

That's where I got it.

I don't understand why it quit working in the first place.

And what's the deal that it isn't a win32 app?

EDIT: Here's where I'm downloading it from

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

This is Firefox, Yahoo version browser with NoScript, and the NS is allowing everything on that page when I download it.
I'm not getting the same colored icon on my desktop for the download that is on the website, although I've gone into
everything I can think of to "allow" Adobe, and even turned off my AVG Suite etc. No change.
It's the standard square white screen blue border icon. Is something not coming thru somehow?

Still tells me it's not a valid win32 application.

Anyone have any idea? I am still trying to download it from the parent website but my computer still tells me it's not a valid Win32 app.

Now there's all kinds of things I can't open because it won't install that latest version of Flashplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back