Can't open minidump file to find cause of stop error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will_m

Hi there, I'm having some fairly frequent BSOD problems of late. I keep getting this one:

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

stop: 0x000000d1 (0x00000000,0x00000009,0x00000000,0xb11121ca

ha10kx2k.sys - address b11121ca base at b1088000, datestamp 473210b6

I have checked on aumha.org and it seems to report this as bad driver/software problem or possibly faulty memory.

The problem is I can't seem to open my minidump files to see what the issue may be, when I try and open one with minidumpchk.exe from Win support tools it just flashes up a black box and then disappears each time. I have included my last two minidumps. If someone could take a look I would be most grateful. Failing that a fix for me to read them myself.

Thanks in advance,

Will.

Both are 0xD1 and the driver cited is ha10kx2k.sys and this is a Creative EMU10KX HAL (WDM) sound card driver.

First, update your drivers. if you get stability skip the second step I've listed below but if not...

Second, if you are running a dual core cpu this file has been known to cause blue screen of death when using dual cpu's. It happens when both cpus access the driver at the same time. If you are playing a game like WOW or EVE try changing your settings so that the game only uses 1 cpu. to do this press CTRL+ALT+DEL and in processes go to your game exe like wow.exe right click then set affinity and untick the second cpu.

I have had the EMU soundcard for some time and I'm in the music trade so I use the card all the time and I've never had any problems with it. I have the latest driver and firmware as I always stay up to date with my card as the most important part of my set-up.

Any suggestions as to I may be getting problems now? As I say I've had the card for 4 years and never had any of these problems before now.

Your help is much appreciated.

Is your cpu a dual core? Also, when did you start getting the BSODs since the last time you updated?

Is your cpu a dual core?

Yes an Intel Core Duo 6400. My specs are those posted. I updated a while back, EMU haven't had many updates in a while as the card is discontinued. The problem has been happening only in the last few days, although strangely I have had quite a few problems since using a dual boot set-up.

Sorry, I missed your system specs. You did it correctly but I am so used to people not supplying them I usually don't bother looking for them. :cool:

When did the BSODs start since the last time you updated the drivers? Never mind, you answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back