Can't reinstall Windows messenger after uninstalling it the 'wrong' way

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer runs on Vista Home Premium.
Initially, I was having problems with my Windows Live Messenger. When I started it up, right away, a popup would come up saying that the program wasn't responding and had to be closed down. So i found the file folder and deleted it (should've uninstalled it, I know), planning to reinstall it. When I was trying to reinstall it, the installer said that I already have Messenger on my computer, even though Messenger doesn't show up even when I search for it. I think that there might be some orphan files/ extended files on my computer that I can't find.

Can anyone tell me what was the initial problem that caused my Messenger to continuously shut down? How can I find any remaining Messenger files so that I can delete them and reinstall the program?

thanks!

You could try using System Restore to see if it will restore WLM and then you can uninstall it the proper way. With System Restore if you don't like the results, you can always undo the restore. If that doesn't work, try using a program such as Ccleaner to clean the registry of WLM entries and then see if it will reinstall. Ccleaner is freeware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back