Can't run any OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm not really much of an expert on computers but I've been having a little trouble. It started off when my brothers installed Windows 7 onto my netbook, which was installed with XP so I could run whichever I chose.

After using 7 for a while it would go into the blue screen of death and then crash shortly after, I ignored this for a few months until this week when it crashed and when I restarted it it wouldn't log on. Whenever I tried to select Windows 7 it would either just loop itself back to the start or turn off all together. So I used XP for a day or so and now that's doing the same.

Does anyone know what's happening to my netbook?

Without more details about the blue screen error it may be hard to find the problem.

Is there any way that you can get the error number (looks like 0x000000). This gives an indication of the type of error that occurred.

Can you get into XP at the moment?

Can you boot into safe mode in any of these OS? You can do so by pressing F8 just as you just enter to select either of the OS.

If you can boot in safe mode, please go to C:\windows\minidum, and zip all the minidumps available in one single zip file, and post it here for analysis. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back