Can't see text on Yahoo Messenger

Psych1012

Hi, everyone. Thanks in advance for this. I think I've tried everything possible trying to fix this. I tried to send an im through Yahoo Messenger 10.0.0.1270 and while I had no trouble seeing what I was typing, I hit send on the message window was blank. I also can't see the conversations in my archive. I don't know when it happened because I haven't sent anyone an IM for a while. I'll post below all the things that I did to fix the problem. I am running IE 8 (Don't use but that's the version I have) and Mozilla 3.6.12 and I'm on Windows 7.

My second issue (should I resolve the first) is that when I tried upgrading messengers to the Yahoo 11 beta (which I like a lot!) it ran smoothly (except for the no seeing messages thing) until I rebooted and then it slowed way down and just kind of hung. I couldn't do anything with it. I tried rebooting again and it didn't help so I ended up uninstalling and going back to 10. So if anybody knows how to fix that...but I think that it's probably some kind of beta edition bug.

I have tried everything on the Yahoo Messenger Site, reinstalling Java, and making sure Flash, Shockwave etc were updated and Yahoo Messenger even fixing my CMD or reinstalling and re-registering jscript.dll and vbscript.dll My internet explorer 8 is also in the correct settings and Uninstalled Messenger 10 and upgraded to Messenger 11 (Below are steps I took to fix. I just copied and pasted from the sites I found them from.)

You possibly have scripting disabled in Internet Explorer.
To Enable your Scripting:
Click Tools, >>Click Internet Options, >>Click Security tab, Click Custom Level.
now, Scroll down to
Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting – check it to Enable
Scroll to Scripting – Active Scripting – Check Enable
Click Apply then Click OK
CLick OK again.
now, REstart your Internet Explorer.
if this is still not working, Update the Software at the below link:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/messenger/messenger10/notices/mstabuguqscripterror.html

After Updating, check that you do not have old versions of Flash Player, Shock Wave player and Java …this causes problems.
Start/Control Panel/ Programs
delete the old versions.

To resolve this issue, please make sure you have the following applications installed:

* Sun Microsystems Java.
* Adobe Flash Player version 9 or greater.
* Adobe Shockwave Player.
* Windows Scripting Package.
* Look for "Windows Script 5.7" for your Operating System and follow the instructions for installing this file.
* Internet Explorer 9
* You should also visit Windows Update, a Microsoft site that checks your computer for updates and patches to correct related to your operating system and web browser components.

enable scripting and whatnot in Internet Explorere) Start > Run > regsvr32 jscript.dll & regsvr32 vbscript.dll

1. Uninstall and Reinstall Java:

* On your keyboard, hold down the Windows key and press the R key. This opens the Run command.
* Type in appwiz.cpl and click OK. This opens Programs and Features.
* Select Java and then click the Uninstall button. There may be multiple installed versions, so be sure to remove all of them.

2. Click here to download and install the latest version of Java Runtime Environment.
3. Click here and follow the instructions to Clear the Yahoo! Messenger Cache.
4. Click here and follow the instructions to Reset your Web Browser Configuration.

# Run command prompt as Administrator
# Change folder by issuing the following command :

For Windows Vista 32-bit: cd C:\windows\System32
For Windows Vista 64-bit: cd C:\windows\SysWow64
# Type the following command and hit Enter:

regsvr32 jscript.dll
# Type the following command and hit Enter:

regsvr32 vbscript.dll

Solution for no text in Yahoo Messenger

Some virus can cause this bug in Yahoo Messenger. Check your Internet Options, go to Security Tab, and see if there is a new item. Normal items there are Internet, Local Intranet, Trusted sites, and Restricted sites. If you see a new item, chances are you were hit by a virus.

To resolve this, open a registry editor (click Start, click Run. On the Open box, type: regedit and then press Enter). Navigate to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft\ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Internet Settings \ Zones

There should only be 5 items there, numbered 0 to 4. If you see a different one, especially if you see items that shows up as box, try deleting it. (Backup your registry first). If you were able to delete that extra item, this might fix the bug, and you will be able to see the chat messages again in yahoo messenger.

I checked I.E. and I only had Internet, Local Intranet, Trusted sites, and Restricted sites

However when I checked the path you gave me in regedit I discovered I didn't have the path you mentioned. This is what I have:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft\ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ RunOnce\ REG_SZ

Could this be a part of the problem? Perhaps I deleted it when I was using my Registry Booster.

I updated the Java and I still do not see those registry keys or am able to see messages. I already use Mozilla but Yahoo is tied to IE so I checked both.

Thank you!

Hi.Hi. Hi!
I only registered here to thank you!
THANKKKKK YOUUUUUUU!

I have had this problem for months now, and I did EVERYTHING suggested other than this ( script enabling, java and quicktime and flash and IE and YM updates, etc etc etc). I had even emailed yahoo and had a long correspondence with them, trying to fix this, and eventually they told me they can't!!!
You are the Best! and this solution is unique!
THANK YOU!

Best,
Tina

Some virus can cause this bug in Yahoo Messenger. Check your Internet Options, go to Security Tab, and see if there is a new item. Normal items there are Internet, Local Intranet, Trusted sites, and Restricted sites. If you see a new item, chances are you were hit by a virus.

To resolve this, open a registry editor (click Start, click Run. On the Open box, type: regedit and then press Enter). Navigate to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft\ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Internet Settings \ Zones

There should only be 5 items there, numbered 0 to 4. If you see a different one, especially if you see items that shows up as box, try deleting it. (Backup your registry first). If you were able to delete that extra item, this might fix the bug, and you will be able to see the chat messages again in yahoo messenger.

I'm glad you found the answer :) I agree with you - Yahoo's support is horrible. I contacted them twice and both times I was really annoyed with their responses. Hopefully I run into the answer to my problem someday.

Thank you very much!

Hi! It works!!!

I had this problem for the past two weeks.

The solution is just in here

Many thanks!!!

Originally Posted by yukalocoloco
Solution for no text in Yahoo Messenger

Thanx thanx thanx

I had a square like bug in the HKEY...other than the 5. that is 0-5, I removed it and it started working, thanx so much, I too registered only to reply you

Thank you!!!

this been troubling me a couple of hours ago, lucky for me to find this thread a little earlier, anyway, count me in for registering just to say thank You for this post, really help a lot... keep it up ^_^

bundle of thanks

as those guys told me to registered here to convey my thanks from the deep hear to yukalocoloco for giving us the best solution.. yes.. it worked... the registy key... as psycho told me also tried all the possible way.. and finally...... oh my yukalocoloco... u r simply superb..... thanks and thanks a lot.. thanks beyond words and expressions.....

You're such a blessing

Thank you so much for this technical solution, i been having a trouble months now, i tried to resolve using a lot of advises but only this method works for me..
You're such a big blessing to us here, not only me but my friends and collegues as well.

thanks sir... it works for me.

great job.

Not satisfied at all

Dear yukalocoloco,

I tried your solution but unfortunately it did not worked for me.

Not only that it didn't worked but now I receive a blue screen with the error:
*************************************************************************************
"Technical information:
***STOP: 0x000000EA(0x8617D7A0, 0x86579F60, 0xF7A0BCB4, 0x00000001)

nv4_disp
Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump complete."
*************************************************************************************
I formated my C drive and reinstalled windows XP Professional + SP3 again, and the same result. After maximum 5 minutes I get the above error. It is very annoying.

Unfortunately I have not backed-up my registry(I did actually but I formated my C drive and lost the backup)

Can you please advice me how to get rid of this issue?

Thank you!

Can't see text in yahoo messenger box.?

Hi .. Need ur advise im having this same problem , and carry out all troubleshooting but yet still the same problem , even i have Uninstall JAVA & Yahoo messenger still same im can type on chat box, as i press enter i m not able see what i type and what my peer reply is all blank

I have update all windows update . there is no other solution
My machine is Free from virus all

Hope someone can advise me please urgent , oh yeah !! but i can see all chat in Yahoo web messenger

Thanks - Yahoo is now fun again!!!

Like Everyone else, just joined in to say a big "THANK YOU" - I've been through this for over a year now...since purchasing my new laptop, I upgraded from Yahoo 9, 10 and now 11 Beta. Tried EVERYTHING else from every suggestion possible. This one clearly worked.

Thanks alot man. Anytime you're in Barbados, you must let me buy you a beer or two. Thanks again

Just registered and login to say thank you. Although I didn't see any new zone in my IE9, I still found strange registry key, and after deleting it, my life came back :)

Thanks again!

thanks

Thanks.. this is really a great help for me. my Yahoo started working now after a couple of months..

join to say THANK YOU!!!

same as everyone here...
woah dude, i NEARLY reinstal my windows 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you really save my precious time dude!!
thx so much!!

my problem is NOT ONLY yahoo mesengger. this stup*d f*cking bug/virus is make my Autodesk Maya 2010/2011 Activation ERROR!!! because i can't see anything in it.
just as i though, the problem of my Maya Activation is same as the problem that YM text dissapear! and now i can instal maya, and can chat with my friend again.

really thank you!!!!!!!!!!

can`t see text on msgr!

i had that problem! and i did all that think with the regedit! + one thing i created a new user on the system and from that user it worked! oh and a reboot:)

Back