Car fan buys $46,600 Gran Turismo Sport bundle that came with a real Mazda MX-5

midian182

Staff member

Comically priced Special Editions of games are nothing new. Dying Light took the practice to new limits with its $380,000 Apocalypse Edition in 2015, which came with a custom-built, zombie-proof shelter, before introducing a $10 million Spotlight Edition that offered buyers a role in the Dying Light movie, if it ever gets made.

Now, Sony Interactive Entertainment Taiwan has released a special edition of a game. Deep-pocketed fans of PlayStation 4-exclusive racer Gran Turismo Sport — launched in the US today — were given the opportunity to buy the $46,000 bundle, which came with a slew of goodies, including an actual car.

That amount of money got you a PlayStation 4 Pro, PSVR headset and Move controllers, a Bravia 4K HDR TV, an Apiga AP1 racing chair, a Thrustmaster T-GT steering wheel, 12 months of PS Plus (not a lot for the price), the game itself, and a limited-edition 2018 Mazda MX-5.

This isn’t the first time a racing title’s special edition has included a real vehicle. Back in 2013, there was the GRID 2 BAC Mono Edition, which, at $188,700, came with the street legal Mono racing car, as well as a suit, helmet, PS3, and copy of the game.

Sadly, only one set of the Gran Turismo Sport bundle was made available, and it’s already been snapped up by a supercar collector. Still, there’ll no doubt be more ludicrously expensive special editions for people to splash out on in the future.

Permalink to story.

Not my cup of tea, but the MX-5 is a sweet little ride... couple of the right suspension/handling/power mods and you could blast it around a track. My 1991 240SX had a 155BHP 2.4L and that little car was overbuilt, it could've handled 240-300BHP easily. The trick with these cars is the weight though, they don't weigh anything, just like my Nissan.
The MX-5 has 155BHP as well but weighs even less, or around 2200lbs, get that to around 200HP with a small Turbo it would scream.

Not my cup of tea, but the MX-5 is a sweet little ride... couple of the right suspension/handling/power mods and you could blast it around a track. My 1991 240SX had a 155BHP 2.4L and that little car was overbuilt, it could've handled 240-300BHP easily. The trick with these cars is the weight though, they don't weigh anything, just like my Nissan.
The MX-5 has 155BHP as well but weighs even less, or around 2200lbs, get that to around 200HP with a small Turbo it would scream.
Car forum is just around the corner.

Back