CAS Latency Question

Route44

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T430 that I configured with 4 gigs of RAM (budget constraints at the time). It is in single channel (Lenovo never mentioned this tidbit of info; the sad part is both my wife's and daughter's 1st Generation Thinkpad Edge came with 4 gigs of dual channel at 7 timings). My CAS Latency is currently 11.

I am wanting to double the RAM to 8 gigs dual channel and I have the option of CAS Latency at either 9 or 11.

This laptop is used for business such as Office work, internet, email, streaming video, etc. In real world applications would I even notice the difference between my system running either 9 or 11 timings?

Thanks.

I dont think it makes much of a difference. But of course, lower latency is better, but it doesnt mean it will bring a big performance boost. The boost will be miniscule.

I think the biggest difference will be going from 4 gigs to 8. And hellokitty you are correct about single channel. I have been reading lately how there really isn't that much of a difference between single and dual even in gaming unless one goes for the highest end memory that has low latency and low voltage which will cost some serious $.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Back