Case fan connections

Sazzle29

Hi all....
Was wondering if anyone knew what i need to connect an additional fan to my case? I don't have a problem fitting it to the case, but it doesn't appear to have a free connection to be plugged into. The fans on the front and the rear of the case seem to be using these. Are there any cables i can get which would help?

There are adapters available to enable you to convert a three pin fan connector to a 4 pin molex connector directly from the power supply. There are also splitters available to let you connect more than one fan to a motherboard fan power connector.

if there are 3 or 4-pin headers available on the motherboard then any case fan would work. the molex connectors, as mp was referring to, are larger and come directly from the power supply. you can use either method to connect additional fans.

The CPU, NB Fan and Sys Fan slots are taken, leaving me with no other places to use. Another issue i had was my case fan not spinning - it's connected to the Sys Fan header. It just seems to twitch every now and then, not spinning around fully. Not sure what the issue is with it?

Back