CD drive problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishola

my CDdrive does not recogniseany software. the driver comes upon my computer but doesnt aknowledge anything that goes into thelaptop.

There's several different possible causes
1) Is simple hardware failure (ya may just need a new drive)
2) It may not be "seated" correctly. Check your manual and unlatch it and then slide out the entire CD drive (after powering down computer) then reseat firmly and evenly by pushing it back in with one finger applied on each side of the drive
3) Remove your CD driver filters. Are you running XP or Vista?

My only thought is, which I doubt is correct. Is it a CD drive trying to read a DVD?

Good point! (i see isn't clear if OP might be doing that or not with their drive)

Another very handy tool (free to use 1st 14days) for analysis of your drives (will tell you every capability and CD/DVD type they support) and analysis of media in the drive
DVDInfoPro

may give that a shot (and i found it well worth the one time fee to have handy when needed. fyi. you also get free updates for life after one time fee)

Good point! (i see isn't clear if OP might be doing that or not with their drive)

I know, it is hard to understand the exact problem that is why I doubted it. But he does say CD drive, and most drivers and such now come on DVD's. I do this a lot, got a game, tried to install on and older machine with CD and was freakin' out tryin to find the problem, and it was just because CD drive trying to read a DVD just doesn't work lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back