CD/DVD drive failure. How to install and play my game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, a couple of weeks ago my dvd drive on my Samsung R70 laptop started to trip out on me a little bit. Its progressivley getting worse and will now only read any backup CDs or DVDs that I've got.

When I put any original games in the drive (COD 4 or PES 2009) or original dvds the disc simply stops spinning and sounds like its struggling to read them. It will read backup dvds just fine, just not original discs.

Any ideas? Thanks

sorry to double post but would it be possible to create a virtual copy of the game (an ISO, maybe?) and install it on my laptop using Daemon tools and use the original serial I got with the game so I can also play the game online?

I recently made a post regarding some issues I am having with my cd/dvd drive not recognising any original PC games or DVDs and was wondering if it would be possible to create a virtual copy of the game (an ISO, maybe?) and install it on my laptop using Daemon tools and use the original serial I got with the game so I can also play the game online?

The game in question that I want to install is pro evo 2009. Any tips or suggestions on how to install and play the game would be great. thanks!

You need to purchase an external USB DVD Drive, if your internal drive is faulty
Or ideally have the internal DVD Drive replaced.

Note both your threads were too similar to have two threads going on.
Therefore they were merged. Also instead of replying to yourself use EDIT instead

thanks kimsland and sorry for the two threads.

I will go out and look for a replacement ODD sometime today but before I do that, is there any other way I can install and play the game online?

Also, if I purchase an external disc drive, will any one work as long as it is USB?

I was looking at getting the LG PATA X20. I cannot buy an internal replacement at the moment because I damaged the screw when trying to take the drive out earlier today lol

I can't see any issue with any USB drive not working
In other words it should work

But that internal DVD Drive, now with a faulty screw
I'm thinking you burred the screw or something :confused:
Normally a burred screw can still be removed by either applying more pressure, or cutting a small line across the head and using a flat screwdriver to remove it. Sometimes even tapping the screw can loosen it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back