CD DVD Rom not working after virus hit

PFHappy

Hello,

I recently had a bad virus and I think I got rid of it. My CD DVD Roms were affected the most. Initially I couldn't get them to have a clean install-look in Device Manager - I was getting a yellow triangle for both of my DVD drives. I did some research... removed a Lower Filter from my registry somewhere.. got both my CD Roms to appear correctly - no yellow marks. I'm pretty sure I cleaned all the virus out... worked on that very hard.
But now I cannot burn a CD. I put the CD in, it appears to want to burn, then I get an error message that "There is no CD is the drive" or something like that. It asks me for a good disk,,,, something like that.

I have uninstalled both CD Roms, rebooted, tried this several times, tried to install new drivers each time... only to have both CD Roms reject a burnable new disk. That procedure is not working.

I suspect that my drivers are damaged. Other than do a total format C to get these drivers back, I can't find them any where... and don't know where to begin to get them installed now even if I did have the installation disks for them (I don't.)

I'm out 2 CD Roms now... in the course of an hour.

Please help. Thank you.

Problem solved. I did a reformat, put a new Windows in. The CD Rom work fine now. Took me 3 days to go through the trouble.

Back