Certain websites don't load sometimes

Hello

I've been having this problem for about 3 months:
Sometimes certain websites suddenly don't load anymore for about 3-5 minutes. (For example google.com, youtube.com, ubisoft.com) While other Websites like bing.com still work.
I've tried with different browsers and they all run into the same problem. I've tried to Ping google.com during such an incident via the control Panel which didn't get a response. I've also tried to Ping directly with the IP which also didn't get a response.
The first 2 Months I was having this problem only on my Desktop PC, bit since a few weeks the problem also occurs on my Lap Top and Smartphone.

My first guess was some sort of Malware, tried different Anti-Virus Programs which didn't find anything serious...
Another possibilty I see would be "Cisco Anyconnect" a VPN program which I installed about 3 months ago. But I allready uninstalled it, and since this problem also occurs on my other devices (where I didn't install Cisco) I doubt that the Problem is caused by this.
I'm quite confused, never had this problem and don't know anyone who had it, so maybe you guys can help me out?

The really confusing part for me is, that it works most of the time (sometimes one to two days in a row) and suddenly it happens 3-8 times a day.

I'd relly appreciate some ideas, maybe it is the router?

Thanks in advance for any sort of help :)

Ping with an ip address that fails says clearly that you've lost your connection to the internet gateway provided by your ISP.

Run TRACERT 8.8.8.8 and write down the first four replys and save for a time when thing fail. Then ping them manually starting from the last and work back to the top.

here's mine:
tracert 8.8.8.8
Tracing route to google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms localrouter [192.168.0.1] << my router
2 10 ms 10 ms 14 ms 142.254.237.97 << my isp gateway
3 12 ms 15 ms 11 ms agg60.wlvgcabn02h.socal.rr.com [24.30.172.109]​

if there's a timeout one #1 or #2, then it's my system, while #3 and beyond, it's the network itself

Last edited by a moderator:
Back