Change a user name?

By mckes21
Mar 31, 2008
  1. Hello, I am trying to find out how to get rid of an account that I cant find, I think, lol. My lap top was stolen a few months ago and pawned, I now have it back and when I am in the command prompt it comes up as instacash specifically:

    C:\Documents and settings\instacash>

    I hope I dont have to use regedit, somehow I just know that is whats going to have to happen and if thats the case I have no clue how to navigate and change in thier, could someone tell me how to get rid of this.
  2. kimsland

    kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,523

    Best answer (no dispute)

    Backup all data
    Re-Install Windows clean (ie format too)

    Who knows what's lurking inside that computer (keyloggers, trojans...)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add New Comment

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...