Change file extension

I recently recorded 80 minutes of TV on the hard drive of my DVD player/recorder. I then copied it onto USB stick and plugged it into a laptop. The file format is .ts and size is 6.7gB. Is there an application I can use to open the .ts file, and then save in a different format. 6.7gB is ridiculously large for 80 minutes of video.


Changing the extension portion of the name never alters the contents nor changes the file size.
save in a different format
most likely you need a utility which can convert to another movie format.


Posts: 4,313   +573
TS Special Forces
VLC can view it and I believe Handbrake can transcode it without problem.