Changing fonts in multiple places and removing unwanted lines between text

NCISabbyfan

Wanting to improve the appearance of my document, is there a way to change the font type and size for the first line of each paragraph across several pages, instead of manually?

For example, the whole of each first line, including "Cliff Richard", "Melanie", "Abba", "CCS", "Dana" and "Stiff Little Fingers"?

At present, I have Calbri, font size 12 for the first line and Calibri, font size 11 for all lines below. The problem is, while all the text looks neat, the information on the first line still doesn't stand out enough and my plan was to use a different font and size for the first line so it's easier to find each entry.

I tried using "Find" and "Replace", leaving both lines blank, and "Find" with Calibri 12 and "Replace" with Times New Roman 13. The text remained unchanged.

Also, since having Windows Vista as my operating system, I've noticed that Lines sometimes automatically add themselves below text, even when I've not wanted anything added, and I can't find a way to remove the small number of unwanted lines.

XP never did this, and it tends to happen after I've copied and pasted a few times.

I can copy text into Notepad then paste it, but if I have formatted information including web site references, I then have to reformat all the text and re-highlight the links.

Is there a function in Vista that enables lines to be added, manually, as and when required, like in XP?

Attachments

• TOTP - Changing Heading Font and Size, and Removing an Unwanted Line.doc
    29 KB · Views: 4
What word processor program are you using?

I'm still struggling with this.

As I have several pages to amend the first line, perhaps called "Header", within the body of the text (rather than the top of the page inside a square), it would be very time consuming having to manually change the font and font size.

As to clearing the unwanted lines, which could be called Breaks, but I'm not sure, I'm also getting nowhere clearing those.

Hope you can help.

For the line, I selected everything, then clicked on the Border button. Then selected No Border to clear the line. And it disappeared. I'm using Word 2010.

As for changing the font of the first line, sorry, don't have any idea other than manually.

For the line, I selected everything, then clicked on the Border button. Then selected No Border to clear the line. And it disappeared. I'm using Word 2010.

I tried your suggestion and it worked brilliantly. :) It removes the lines throughout the whole document, and thanks to your invention, I experimented with highlighting a fraction of text and the lines were removed from the relevant sections, so I can now do either, depending on how many lines I wish to remove.

As for changing the font of the first line, sorry, don't have any idea other than manually.

This also continues to stump me. I could start manually changing the text on the first line so it stands out more, but hope there's a solution so I can convert the rest automatically, due to the large number of first lines of text I'd like to change font type and font size of.

I've looked online, but every criteria I've tried in Google comes up with aspects I already know.

I've also tried the Find and Replace function, with blank text, clicking on "Select All" and instructing the computer to change any text with Calibri 12 in Find to say Times New Roman 12 in Replace, but whichever font type and size I wish to change to, it says it's replaced about 12 instances but I can't see those instances and it hasn't converted the font elements throughout the document.

I'll keep persevering.

Just found out In Word 2010 you can select text w/ similar formatting (maybe Word 2007 does it also). With the cursor on the line where the font is Calibri size 12, click on Select under Editing, then Select Text with Similar Formatting, all Calibri size 12 should be highlighted. Then you can change them to whatever.

Just found out In Word 2010 you can select text w/ similar formatting (maybe Word 2007 does it also). With the cursor on the line where the font is Calibri size 12, click on Select under Editing, then Select Text with Similar Formatting, all Calibri size 12 should be highlighted. Then you can change them to whatever.

Thanks for your help. :)

It doesn't look like there's a way to literally change the font and size of the first line of each paragraph in simultaneous multiple blocks after all :(, but your suggestion is very useful and helps separate text within the Calibri 12 range. :)

Back