Changing primary partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my issue:
I currently have Windows Vista Home x64 as my primary OS/partition. I installed Windows 7 Pro x64 on a separate partition. However, when I did so I did not allocate enough hard drive space for that partition. When attempting to shrink the Vista partition I am told that I can only shrink it by about 1/2 a gigabyte. What I'm ultimately trying to do (if possible) is completely remove that partition (I've already transferred all my files) and give all that space to the W7 partition. Currently I can't because the Vista partition is my primary and "active" drive. I've found online that some programs can do this, but so far they all seem to have a cost attached to them. Any ideas on how I can do this without dishing out any cash? Thanks in advance.

You want to change the "active" partition (you can have up to 4 primary partitions. Only primary partitions can be booted. Windows boots the active primary)

I know EASUS Partition Manager can do it. As i recall, select the partition properties then select Set Active

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back