Changing Solitaire Card Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

YZFRydn

My grandpa is running Windows XP and loves playing Solitaire that comes with the game pack in XP. He is getting older and the cards are getting a little harder to see. I didn't see an option in the game to change the size of the cards. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can change the size of the cards to make it easier for him to see. Changing to a different solitaire software isn't an option. He is at the age where he doesn't like change and if it seems like I have to change software on his computer he won't like it.

Did a Bing search, majority is just links to get me to download their game of solitaire.

You may be able to change the View: click on View> Zoom.

Another option is to use the Magnifier:
All Programs> Accessories> Accessibility> Magnifier.

This will also help:

Accessibility Tutorials / Windows XP:

http://www.microsoft.com/enable/training/windowsxp/usingmagnifier.aspx

You might also want to consider the Acid Solitaire from Red Mercury. The card display is much larger:
You can download free trial here: http://www.red-mercury.com/product_acidsolitaire_windows.html

Buy full version for $9.95. Worth every penny- I've had this and Acid Free Cell for years!

I have tried the magnifier. He is on a 32" Vizio. I didn't think about decreasing the screen resolution. Kept thinking if I was on that I would want best resolution. I think I might try that to increase card size.

The Zoom feature is just a viewing feature, not a setting. But if you actually change the resolution itself, you will have changed a setting and it will remain until it is reset again.

For instance: with Zoom, he finishes with one game, then loads a new game- or goes on to something else then goes back to the game- opr he could reboot. The display will probably revert back. But if the resolution is changed, it should stay the same from game to game and boot to boot.

Changing the resolution would have been my second suggestion

The zoom isn't working out to great for him. I changed the DPI to help with the rest of the applications he is using but with the resolution changed and that, the windows stretch out bigger than screen which gives him problems. He is 81 so he isn't extremely computer literate. I put the DPI back to default and decreased resolution (since it increases the size) but still to no avail without it going off the screen. I thought I saw an application that automatically fit any window to fit the screen without going off the viewing area. Anyone know of one of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back