Check out this never-before-seen footage from The Empire Strikes Back

Shawn Knight

Staff member
What just happened? The holidays aren’t quite here just yet but that didn’t stop Good Morning America from delivering the goods early to Star Wars fans. The morning news program on Tuesday aired never-before-seen footage from The Empire Strikes Back, the second film in the Star Wars franchise (but the fifth chronologically).

Originally released in 1980, the film was met with mixed reviews at the time but has aged well. These days, many consider it to be the best film in the Star Wars universe and one of the greatest movies ever made.

The nearly seven-minute-long clip is filled with the sort of behind-the-scenes gold that rarely makes it beyond the cast and crew. That’s even truer in the wake of Carrie Fisher’s death a few years back.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Star Wars was entirely about Darth Vader.

Once he died, it all went to poop.

This true its about the rise and fall of Anakin skywalker within that time period. 7-9 were straight trash because it was clear the people making them didn't understand the lore of the franchise. I'm hoping that dave filoni and jon favreau and George lucas can right the ship. They have shown with Mando they have what it takes to do it.

This true its about the rise and fall of Anakin skywalker within that time period. 7-9 were straight trash because it was clear the people making them didn't understand the lore of the franchise. I'm hoping that dave filoni and jon favreau and George lucas can right the ship. They have shown with Mando they have what it takes to do it.

And let's keep in mind...

"Rogue One" was mostly a snore till Darth Vader popped up and then a standing ovation when he killed everyone in the end.

And let's keep in mind...

"Rogue One" was mostly a snore till Darth Vader popped up and then a standing ovation when he killed everyone in the end.

Funny you mention Rogue one because out of all the new movies I think that and Solo were watchable. The other 3 I started them and couldn't finish them except the first movie, which I almost turned off after Kylo killed Han Solo.

I really enjoyed that. Mark's quote at the end "It was so daring, usually they just repeat things" just makes you look at 7 and slowly shake your head in shame.

Back