Check out this satanic Easter egg hidden in the Doom soundtrack

Shawn Knight

Staff member

At its heart, Doom is a very demonic game. After all, the original reserved port 666 for multiplayer matches. With a new incarnation fresh on everyone’s mind, it was only a matter of time before someone found references to “the number of the beast.”

A Redditor somehow figured out that if you visualize one of the game’s songs – Cyberdemon – using a spectrograph, you’ll see a pentagram followed by the numbers 666 repeated multiple times. The track itself is pretty creepy but why someone would even think to run this through a spectrograph is beyond me. Either way, it’s a pretty slick Easter egg and makes you wonder how many others are left to discover.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

I don't believe in any of that crap. I don't care whether a game is supposed to be satanic or angelic. I play my games to enjoy them, not to visualize demons, angels or whatever where there aren't any.

So where has been any reference to satanism? They say the game has demons, which is true and that it's a sleek easter egg, why the hate?

I also find it cool and there are a lot of easter eggs around which are pretty neat, like the reference to skyrim, terminator, original doom, so on and so forth =P

It can be the number of the perfect man, not just the mark of the beast, depending on the bible. My obamaphone iphone had 3 sixes in it's number, issued by obama's people. I wonder why. Actually, that is worse than the devil. It might have caused me to be sick because six is the plural of sick, sicks, and three of them on a powerful iphone, watch out. Needed 5 cataract procedures and about 20 dental visits semi-volunteering at a dental school and altho reachoutwireless went out of business (iphone too much for entitlements?), coincidence? Then I'm so dependent on government insurance and the government. Paid for the dental myself, $2,500 so far. Just got my new obamaphone yesterday, just a tracfone dumbphone. Has a 630 (du page county, il where I live) area code, whereas other inexpensive phones have a chicago area code, so I like it as an additional phone. Iphone cost me one time, this was free.

Back