China can access 20% of the world's private data

Netfox

Due to the information that I've found recently, there are 4.57 billion Internet users in the world. 31% of those use a VPN. Upon reviewing a sample size of 30 popular VPNs, we can estimate that approximately 62% of those are secretly Chinese-owned VPNs currently installed on 878,354,000 consumer user devices.

Does that really mean that it's a potential threat to us all? According to my understanding, using VPN is not always safe and some data can be collected and used afterward. Do I need to worry or I should forget about it?

I agree with you! Contrary to all advertising campaigns and claims of the developers, the vpn service cannot guarantee complete anonymity to users. It's impossible. Their data is stored on third-party servers, and developers can access it - it's easy to understand.

Well. but what about the fact that all the VPNs are shouting about their privacy and data security? What are the ways out if VPN turns out to be dangerous?

Well, many people use not only vpn, but also proxies. Some more users use the Tor browser for example.

Moreover, I've also heard of Utopia p2p application that has many features and can make you anonymous even without using any VPNs or proxy. But all the actions can be performed only within that ecosystem. Anyway, we have to sacrifice for our security.

Hmm, I've never heard of him. as it turned out, there is quite a lot of information about this application on the web. But I ignored him. This is quite an interesting ecosystem, it seems to be called one of the worthy alternatives to Whatsapp.

Back