Christmas Desperation

It's the morning before my families Christmas celebration and I'm desperately assembling a computer for a family member-- times running out. I start up the computer, wait for the comforting beep... nothing. After an hour of removing component after component, attempting to bring life to my motherboard, all efforts fail and I pronounce the motherboard dead. So, I figured (why the hell not) let's see what my good friend the internet has to say. Second result down, I come to a post.

About 3 years ago, Masque said:
"Does this motherboard take the 4-pin power directly to the board (secondary power for the cpu specific)? Make sure that's in otherwise you'll not boot."

I read it. Look in the case, 4-pin connector... empty!? I hold back from leaping for joy, and literally say out loud, "lets... not get our hopes up just yet". Plug in. Start up.

Beep.

Christmas is saved.

Just wanted to say thanks for saving Christmas.

Merry Christmas.

Here's that quoted post by member Masque:
Does this motherboard take the 4-pin power directly to the board (secondary power for the cpu specific)? Make sure that's in otherwise you'll not boot. Is the cpu fan spinning? Did you properly apply a good thermal paste to the cpu before installing the heatsink/fan assembly?

Just a few things to check.

An excellent post here, to you shableep, on the importance of "Search" be that a Google search, or right here using TechSpot's Search feature :grinthumb

Thanks for taking the time to join and to remind us all :)

Have a very Merry Christmas as well
santa-5-icon.gif

What a great uplifting post. Thanks for shariing with us. And as kimsland has said: Merry Christmas!

:grinthumb

Back