Chromebooks are headed to nine more countries

Justin Kahn

chromebooks

Normally, when a major technology company wants to make an announcement there is a press release or something along those lines. Google has instead decided to take to its Chrome Blog with a poem in order to announce that Chromebooks are coming to nine new markets.

The tech giant confirmed that Chromebooks are headed to New Zealand, the Philippines, Norway, Denmark, Mexico, Chile, Belgium, Spain and Italy. Unfortunately, the poem does not reveal any specific dates for when this might happen, but some reports suggest we could see them hit the above countries in the coming months. There is also no word from Google as to which models will be available in each market, but the poem does link to this Google Chrome Blog post mentioning a new line-up of Chromebooks coming from Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, Lenovo, LG and Toshiba.

Within the poem, it appears Google is also saying that “tons of apps and free automatic updates are starting today” in Mexico and Chile, with Spain, Italy and Belgium being added in the coming weeks.

Some have suggested the company still has quite a hurdle to get over convincing consumers that its always connected computing is the way to go, but that expanding its availability could help the cause.

Permalink to story.

Kinda makes you want to whip out your checkbook and, "give til it hurts", to Mozilla and Canonical, doesn't it now?

Ah, the spread of mediocrity!!!
If all you want to do is some light web browsing, use an app or two, then why the hell cant you use a tablet with a keyboard attachment, or even just a smart phone? I don't understand where this fake laptop is suppose to fit in?
Now if you want to do some really productive work, have the peace of mind about the versatility of your device, and that it can handle just about anything, then there is nothing to see here. This move to the cloud is even starting to affect windows, and I don't care for it. It has its uses, but not when I buy a device that gets 2 years free storage where after I need to start paying for it, and that is probably only the start of it.
Google should have stuck to what it is good at (just barely), Android.

Back