Cisco System Router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickc

I bought this on someone here's advice, when I got it I just plugged it in and went to the net. Now when I try to get in the router, it wants a user name and password. I tried Admin with no password and get nothing is thier anyone here that knows how to get in this thing? it is a model RV052

Thanks

I am assuming the router uses Cisco IOS? What are you using it for some sort of VPN?

I just bought it to have a safer network I have 4 computers running that I need to be able to share files between.and all have to be able to reach the net.

you need to find the user documentation for that model. (look on cisco's web site under support). The default user/password on routers vary by the manufacturer so you need to check their documentation

The cisco RV series that I am familiar with is much more then a home router...Its primary use is for small business, and those who need VPN and other IP technologies such as VOIP etc. I am not sure if it uses IOS because it also marketed as a linksys but if it does it is much different then setting up your run of the mill home router.

Does it look like this?

cisco%20rv082-large.bmp

well I may be the dumbo because that is what I bought it for although the one I have is smaller on mine only 4 computers can be hooked up it is probably the cheapest model they have, and I read more in the book or paper and found how to get in it. are these good for sharing files?

Thanks nickc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back