Cisco Wap4410N (I'm a noob)

LinkedKube

Hi guys,

haven't posted a question here in forever so...I'll get right to it.

My dad owns a Toyota Dealership in Bastrop, Louisiana. He asked me to come down from Detroit to help him with some minor issues concerning the computers and the network.

So I got here, handled most of the small issues. The server here has a wap, cisco(if you didn't read the title) and I'm trying to set up the wireless. I've managed to get into the web based admin configuration. I've changed the ssid: and setup a password wpa2. W/E I try to connect a device to the wiresless it wont connect. It reads "cannot obtain ip address."

If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it, sooner than later and I'd even throw in a paypal bonus. Its that important.

You need to have a DHCP server running somewhere on the network (you need to enable DHCP on the gateway that you'll be connecting the AP to via Ethernet cable; this is usually also the device that connects you to the internet via your ISP) so the computer (and the AP itself) can lease an IP address.

Thanks man. I just got back home to detroit after 7 hours of flying and got 4500 usd in an account. That was my last task for my dad and I'd like to buy you lunch or something at least.

Thanks again 3k_

Back