[Closed] 2003 SBS server running pitifully slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schling

My sbs server takes at least an hour to reboot. "Start" menu sometimes takes 10 - 15 seconds to pop up. All access to server is extremely slow causing time out errors on programs.

Started 2 weeks ago. Don't know if this has anything to do with it, but, I started up Primavera (Scheduling/Contract manager program) and system slowed down. I thought it was just using too much memory so I shut it down. System didn't get any better. I have tried to uninstall program but it says it is missing a file and won't let me uninstall. Tried to re-install but says it can't read/write to a file and will not let me re-install.

Since then, I have run McAffee several times. Uninstalled and re-installed and ran again. Ran Malware Bytes and only had one issue which has been removed. Subsequent scans come up negative. Tried loading and running TDSSKILLER but freezes at 80% of initilization. The system will not let me stop the process unless I re-boot. TDSSKILLER is using 50% of CPU.

When not running TDSSKILLER, CPU is running less than 20%. Memory has 45% - 70% available. 364 GB free space on HDD.

System:
Windows Server 2003 / Small Business System - SP2
Pentium D CPU 3.40GHz/3.40GHz
3.37GB RAM

My IT guy says the HDD and arrays seem to be running fine. Before we do a clean install, I need to know if anyone has seen this before and can help.

If this is your work system and you have the office IT assisting you, please go back and complete what you need with him/her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back