1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Cmd commands don't work

By Christina187
Sep 10, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. I have a new laptop (Windows 10) and it doesn't execute cmd commands. I don't even get an error message, just nothing happens.

I already read other posts and changed my path. However, it didn't work. Does anybody know how to fix this?

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,119   +1,594

If you can get to a Command Prompt window

enter ECHO %PATH%

to see your path -- it MUST contain
    C:\Windows\SYSTEM32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WBEM;C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WINDOWSPOWERSHELL\V1.0;C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\COMMON FILES\MICROSOFT SHARED\WINDOWS LIVE

3. Reimage

Reimage TS Rookie

Hello!

Sorry to hear the issue in running commands using cmd.

To better understand the issue, can you please give us an example of a command that you are trying to execute?

Are you running the command prompt as administrator? For some commands and options to work in the command line you must run the command line as an administrator. To do this, right-click on the cmd icon and choose Run as administrator.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with the necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Regards,
    Reimage Support

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...