COD4 shutter when Air Strike hit near my location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Condor

hey

I got this shuttering problem on Cod4 MP when ever an enemy or friendly air strike hit near my location.

Base on my PC spec, can anyone guess what would be the cause ? shutter really drop my FPS to un-aimable for a few sec : <

help is appreciate it.

I've not played the game, but what kind of soundcard do you have? If it's onboard sound it may be wise to reduce the sound quality and/or turn off any hardware mixing? It could also be related to 3D settings. Perhaps your system isn't up to handling the explosions/particle effects etc? Try turning those off/down if available and see if that makes a difference.

caravel said:
I've not played the game, but what kind of soundcard do you have? If it's onboard sound it may be wise to reduce the sound quality and/or turn off any hardware mixing? It could also be related to 3D settings. Perhaps your system isn't up to handling the explosions/particle effects etc? Try turning those off/down if available and see if that makes a difference.
good advice caravel. I tried lower the sound to low instead of high it didn't help. Now i going to attempt to find a way to disable those explosion effects in the cfg folder, but i still don't the command :l

Heres some gameplay video I made. As you can see there are some shuttering problem in the video, its the only thing stopping me from fully enjoy this game.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/189322.html

Edited: problem fixed! : D
I just un-install my anti virus and wala! smooth gameplay even with huge smoke and explosion.

Try reinstalling the anti-virus program and just disabling it while playing MP. Maybe you don't have to have it uninstalled altogether.

hi mailpup

i tried disable it but there wasn't any way to do it via Window security ^.^v
My previous Anti virus was etrust ez armor bundle with anti virus and firewall, it was free from my ISP : D

now i'm using the free anti virus version call AVG and no lag or shutter in COD4 MP ! yay

Some anti virus software employs an active scanning method that is very costly, performance wise this will cause the start/stop behaviour as the software scans reads and writes. You've made the right choice with AVG as it is not as much of a hog as some other commerical products and does just as good a job if not better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back