CoD4 under Win2k?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I saw the Fixes here for Bioshock and Crysis and thought,maybe someone here has an idea on how to get Call of Duty 4 run under Win2k?!
Can´t get through the installation,it abortes with the errormessage of an unsupportet OS (for sure),so anyone with an idea on how to handle this would be very welcome!

And maybe someone has also an idea for The Witcher under Win2k,but Cod4 is more important :).

So Thanks in advance for any response,and please be gentle about my english,it´s not my homelanguage!

Mr. Bean

Hi Mr. Bean :wave: glad you finally posted

Right click on the .EXE or shortcut and select Properties.
You should see a tab labelled Compatability.
Click on that, and tick Run this program... and select 2000

Does that work?

Hi :)!

This doesn´t work because I already have an installed Windows2000.
I need something that says I´m running under XP or Vista to get through the installation,otherwise the setup always aborted with the error,that an unsupported OS was detected.

Go here: http://www.msfn.org/board/print.html&client=html&f=6&t=107337

And scroll more than half way down, with the paragraph that exactly starts with:
I was able to get the COD4 Demo working on Win2K and played through it without any problems

I read through the post, and it does sound as though you can copy the temp files before saying OK (to stop the install)

Please reply back after you read that entire post, and also try it.

It'll be good to know if you got it working

I'd advise contacting Per Hansson via PM. He's the guru around these parts when it comes to playing new games on Windows 2000.

Wow man,it works :)!
Absolutely great,thank you sooo much!!

No need for Per Hansson anymore,from now on you are my absolutely best Friend :D.

Thanks again!

The ominous Per Hansson :D,yes it works,thanks.

Finally,I ask again for The Witcher,it´s not so important,but if you or someone else has an idea to get this game working too,it would be great.
I found something in >this< Thread what is working with the Demo,but not with the full game.

So,if anyone has an idea on this,please let me know :)!

Mr. Bean said:
Thread what is working with the Demo,but not with the full game.

So,if anyone has an idea on this,please let me know :)!

Hi Mr.Bean,

we got a info that theres a GCW patch for Witcher and that is supposed to work nicely so no need to use the wrapper with current version 1.2.

For problems running later WinXP games or software under Win2k environment,visit our forum at:
Code:
http://win2kgaming.site90.com/phpBB2/

best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back