Coloured lines on monitor after graphics card installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeBaggs

Hi guys

Well i bought a Radeon 9600 Pro & when i first installed it in my computer , ( i have a compaq presario S5010AN by the way ) , everything was big & i just had to connect to the internet to get drivers but i couldnt connect so i restarted my pc but then it just showed coloured lines & squares . I cant see anything but those colours then the monitor will just turn off . The fan goes but i dont know whats the problem ?

Could someone pleasee help me ?
Im desperate !

Thanx.

Your Radeon 9600 Pro must be installed, before it can work for you. Most are supplied with a driver disk. When that is not available, you must download the drivers... but you can use another computer or connection to do that, then transfer them by CD or flash drive.
Are you certain the 9600 Pro will work in that Compaq Presario? Will the power supply support it?

i got the drivers and stuff & tried installing it before i put in the new gfx card as i cant do it after due to my screen . i dont really know ? could you tell me how to find out please ?

Will do my best to try to help you. Do you have any additional numbers, serial numbers, or part numbers off the Radeon 9600 Pro card?
Do you have VISTA or Windows XP installed? Do you have a computer address to which I can send the drivers? Or do you need them on a CD or Flash drive?

thanx heaps dude ! nahr , it doesnt . just a barcode number & "Radeon 9600 Pro w/128mb6 DDR" written underneath . I have Windows XP Pro Ver. 2002 Service Pack 3 . What do you mean by computer address ? im a bit of a noobie haha

I cannot do it until later this afternoon or evening onight... as I am not on my own computer at the moment.
By address, I cannot send it to you at TechSpot, so either have to mail it or have a way to do it on the internet.

okay , thats sweet . oh i have catalyst 3.10 & this other one but it just says it cant detect the new drive so i have to do it afterwards but cant . do you think it could be my monitor as its a crt one & kinda old ?

Hard to know.
The driver I see is a 9_7_XP32_dd_wdm_enu.exe. Does that synch with what you think you need?

As nearly as I can tell, that is the driver to run that video card... but you have to decide what is right.
The file is a little over 37 MB.

well its worth a try ! could you send it to aparangi@hotmail.com or just send me a link , if its not too much ?

ive been readin up & theres been a few forums saying youll need at least 120 gb hard drive to use the graphics card except ive only got 40 gb hard drive & 160 gb external , could this be the problem ?

I ran a Ati radeon 9600 pro although 256 mb version with a 80 gb hard drive for years with no issues at all. I had removed and reinstalled this card several times. (fan issue)

After reinsatllation i always got the "large text and icons" but was able to connect to the internet and download the drivers i needed without problem. Not once did i see any coloured lines or glitches.

Remove your graphics card.

Ensure your windows is up to date, And you have .net framework 3

Remove all traces of ATI software from your pc. ( use ati software removal tool in add or remove programs). Or driver sweeper.

Download your driver from here: Full software suite (72 mb)
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownlo...px?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.24&lang=English

Save it to desktop.

Reinstall your graphics card and run the driver exe you just saved to your desktop.

If the coloured lines prevent you from doing the last step, i would reccomend trying the graphics card in a friends pc to verify its working correctly.

Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back