Comment System Mutliple Pages Issue

Two sticks

Hello I have been searching for something for. sometime now with no answers...am wondering how some sites such as urs are able to have automatic comment databases when a new forum page is created...is there a way u can create a database table to be able to print comments on different pages without showing a message from another page(since is selected from the same database table) or I have to create a new db table for every new commenting page on my website?

Do I need to manually create new database tables for a comment system on a different page on a website or it can be done automatically?
am wondering how some site such as urs are able to have automatic comment databases when a new forum page is created...is there a way u can create a database table to be able to print comments on different pages without showing a message from another page(since is selected from the same database table) or I have to create a new db table for every new commenting page on the website like da way urs facebook and other forum websites do?

And u guys use php for your site or another language?

Your question is not very clear. But let me answer in this manner:

1) Our forum is based on Xenforo, I wouldn't recommend anyone at this stage to build their own when there are modern commenting platforms available that have tons of features and are way polished.

2) Yes, we use PHP on TechSpot

3) This is not a programming forum, but I'll be happy to help with some basic questions.
By far the best forum aimed at developers is Stack Overflow.

Nice...so u mean I can apply Xenforo to a hard coded website?(completely made by myself from scratch..no wordpress or other cms) like da way techspot was hard coded by you guys? ...I can use it for my forum section on my site?...also stack overflow is good but uve spent 3weeks searching fir answers over there with no answers

I think your problem is you are assuming what the solution is or should be. Your design should start from the presentation and then where and how to provide data to each page.

The actual question is can I create a single database table for multiple comment pages and show only messages that are inputed into the particular webpage which dat data was entered?

Of course - - it's all data representation, how the data is organized and the htmp into which to place that data.

As stated earlier, this is not a programming, data structures or DMBS site, so actual implementations can not be provided.

Jobeard thanks but please can u elaborate more on it ..like what is 'htmp'?..I understand this is not a programming forum site but I posted the same question to stack overflow with my php code and not even 1 person has answered...I need ur help...if u are a member of stackoverflow too or u know a member over there can u please at least refer him to my question to answer on that site?

PHTML is php code wrapped in HTML

I suggest you are in over your head, as a given HTML response is seldom (and even frowned upon) a single < table > </table>. That's the html v 4 way. Layout today is via CSS and media quires.

Back