Comp starting issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,
Ever since I took my computer to the local computer store to get fixed it's had more problems. It was brand new and only needed a new hard drive...when i got it back it needed a new power switch, mother board, and memory card. At least that's what he said, all of that was checked before being sent in and none had a problem. I've since refused to take it back to another repair guy...it reminded me too much of the stereotypical car repair man who rips women off.
So the last 2 days I've found myself at a new problem...I hit the power and the power button flashes a second then turns off. So I reach behind the computer and flip the psu off completely for about 20 secs and turn it back on. After doing that the computer starts up, however it starts up slowly...
I'm wondering if it's the motherboard or the psu...anybody have a problem like this before or maybe someone knows how to help?
Please and thank you very much!

This "repaired" computer may not be setup properly.You could still have a bad power supply or motherboard. Do you see any yellow exclamation marks in the Device Manager?

Well when I finally get the computer started it's now saying that a USB device can't be detected where that hasn't happened before. Also now when clicking on something while browsing the web it's like it stalls before loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back