Company of Heroes: Freezing, black screen and lockup

Tommygunn

Since yesterday I have had continual problems with CoH during gameplay.

After about five minutes, or thereabouts, the game will start to freeze and the screen will flicker. I get momentary black screens, with the functioning cursor, which eventually after a few minutes it just remains on a black screen and it locks, apart from the cursor which continues to be operated by the mouse.
The game must be continuing behind the black screen as I can hear the audio continuing.

All I did, prior to these problems, was delete a Microsoft update? (see example below).

MSUpdate.jpg

After this point I started getting warnings that I was running out or lacking 'virtual memory' and presumed this was why CoH had started acting up.

I adjusted my virtual memory settings to the following as I have 2Gb of memory and all advice says you should have a virtual memory of about 1.5 to 2 times the physical memory.

VirtualMemory.jpg

Still the problem persists, so now I'm stuck.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Tom.

r3dark,
Are you refering to a System Restore? If so, I reverted back by two days with no success.
I have also wiped the game from my computer and re-installed. Once again, no success.

Tom.

what are you system specs?

what are you system specs?

what operating system do you have?

has this game ever worked for you or recently started acting up?

My specs are as follows:
CPU: Intel E6400 Dual Core
M/Board: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Memory: OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Gold GX XTC Rev 2 x2 (2Gb)
GPU: Sapphire X1950GT

The OS is Windows XP.

In all the time that I've played this game, since it came out, on my system it has never given me any problems.
I have even tried reducing the graphics quality from the usual but to no avail.

Tom.

did it start happening after you updated you gfx drivers? if so you could try rolling back your drivers manualy from the system devices by rightclicking my computer properties, system devices.

Back