Compaq Laptop Won't Boot Up

Ok, I have an associate that brought me in his computer with some problems. His old computer is apparently fried so he pulled his hard drive out as it has some vital programs in it that he can no longer get. He bought the same exact laptop and when I swap hard drives it goes to a blue screen and the technical information says stop: 0x0000007B (0xF7963528, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) I can provide more information if needed. Any help is welcome. Thank you

Blank screen with cursor at the top left side of the screen in most of the cases indicates Hard Drive issues. I can try assisting you with troubleshooting.

1. Power off the computer and disconnect all the power sources and external devices.
2. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then release.
3. Put the AC adapter and battery back and power on the computer and check if the computer boots normally.
4. If the computer doesn't boot normally in step 3, check in the BIOS if the Hard Drive is detected (enter BIOS by pressing the Esc key during startup and then check in "System Configuration Menu" if Hard Drive is available for boot).
5. If the Hard Drive is not listed in BIOS, Load the BIOS Defaults by pressing the F10 key and then restart the computer.
6. If you again get the same screen, take a technician's help to reseat the Hard Drive

I'm trying this now but I'll make this a little more confusing, well it is for me at least. The computer works completely normal with the hard drive it came in and when I use an adapter for the old hard drive that he's wanting to use it loads all old files. I don't know what all files he needs for the software he's using but when I try to get the folder it will get halfway done and then come up with an error. So I don't think it's the hard drive just for the fact that it shows files when I plug it in as an external hard drive. I could be wrong as I have no idea about this kind of stuff. Hopefully this will help and shed some light but in the meantime, I'll try what you've suggested and let you know. Thank you for helping whether this works or not

Back