Compaq Presario 6000 motherboard drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure if this is the correct place to post my apologies if it is not. Here is my problem, I got a compaq presario 6000 desktop from a friend to fix, he had someone install windows xp on it, and the onboard lan internet is not working it needs the correct drivers. My problem is he knows nothing of the computer and has none of the original software. So I went to the hp/compaq page to download the drivers, problem is the pc only says it is a presario 6000. I have looked everywhere on the case and motherboard for the t code or sn# as the web page suggests. I have checked the system info and it only says it is a compaq presario, same in bios. Hopefully someone can help. Some other info hopefully of value it does say it is a zztop/pine amer cto on top, the motherboard says it is an n1996 and has a 686y4 sticker on it. any help in identifying this compaq so I can put the correct drivers is greatly appreciated

I appreciate the help cct, but I'd rather figure out what type of compaq presario 6000 this is before I mess with a bios update, maybe as a last resort.

Read the edit - I found the bios page from the source using the tag # and when yiou link for driver downloads you get to the second page.

just wanted to thank you CCT, the first of your bottom2 links was the driver I needed, got busy last weekend and just now tried it, otherwise my gratitude would have come sooner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back