Compaq Presario CQ61 screen LCD cable change but not working

terry5880

hi all got a post further down explaining lcd cable was no good so got another plugged it all on but now nothing coming on is there any button or anything i can do or is it another bad cable

hi all as in previous tpost further down i explained screen comes on fully when little movement of lcd cable just where it plugs to mother board so got another wire but does same thing so now know it wasnt wire so thinking what inverter or lcd backlight please help as i do not want to buy 1 then its the other is the only way finding out by buying part and testing. thanks in advance

Alright, since you can move the new video cable near the LCD hinge and get video on the screen, it has to be a bad connection on the inverter. Sometimes the inverter connections burn and oxidize, or become loose

yea mate i got a 2nd hand cable from ebay from good supllier tested and it does exact same as before touch the cable inbetween plug to mb and plug to inverter just near hinge and screen comes on fine soon as go to move again it goes off again sometimes pure black sometimes can see faintly the windows screen in the back ground.. so you reckon get inverter ?

I was gone all day but my post still stands. Don't you think you know what I'm talking about?

yea i got good ideal mate just wanted to be 100% as some people say could be backlight but like u and i say when i move the cable the screen comes on and i see back light all working as screen fully functional . your a top man and great asset to the site mate thanks T

hi alll and tmagic i now changed inverter and still exact same thing u can see the screen faintly in the back groundif u move the screen about i looked for this lid closed switch as i heard it is in the area by the left hinge but i cannot see it anywhere what do u suggest now magic .. cheers

Replace the entire LCD panel. This includes the backlight. Although one more thing comes to mind. Is the LCD off (cover close) switch near the video cable?

what do u mean lcd off cover close? and i cant see the switch anywhere . so what do u recomend .. changing the hole screen ?

When you close the laptop cover, there is a very small switch that turns off the LCD display. It is on the motherboard or on a small circuit board near one of the top cover hinges... I have never had a laptop do what you describe here exactly. Because you can see a faint image, this indicates that the backlight is turned off. It is easier to replace the whole LCD Panel than it is to replace just the backlight

£42 for a screen then wondering if i buy the new screen weather it will still do it < meaning could it be this switch coz does seem funny how screen comes on fully when i touch the lcd cable near the bit where it plugs in under keyboard

You know, the video cable connector on the motherboard could be damaged. This would mean that the LCD Panel and cable are all okay... but a new replacement motherboard would be needed :(

You have replaced the inverter and video cable, and nothing has changed the fact that you can push on the cable and get a "normal" display. You could try connecting an external monitor

yea external monitor works fine but cant keep it like tht as use it at work and when out sometimes

Well, you just solved this... I would bet that the LCD display's cable connection on the motherboard is damaged... The LCD panel, backlight, inverter and video cable are good

Yes, when you press on the LCD cable you could be putting pressure on the motherboards LCD video connector. Sorry to say that it is the motherboard

i touch the cable literally with the edge of my finger nail so gently . on the actual cable just by hinge not on the actual plug part ?

also m8 when i touched round the side of the actual lcd screen on the silver bit it came on once .. could it be a magnetic strip as i think thats what its got instead of a lid switch

Is there a tiny switch near where you press the cable with your fingernail? You changed that cable, right? What happens when you lift the cable a bit?

na no switch anywhere that i can see i heard this model has a magnetic strip as the lid close thing .. and i gently touch the cable just inbetween the connection to mb and connection to inverter and screen comes on

yea but really dont wanna pay for new screen then it not that as cost me £20 odd already getting lcd cable and an inverter

Back