Complete Shutdown / BSODs

Status
Not open for further replies.

joehorror

Hey Folks! So I've been getting some BSODs lately and occasionally my comp will even black out and shut down completely. I've ran all your recommended tests, installed the Everest program and everything and it still ended up happening today. What gives? WHO KNOWS!

Here are the codes I wrote down today:

0x0000000A
0x0000000E
0x000000FF
0x00000000
0x804DB65C

Anybody interested in helping out?

BTW, I did run some virus/malware tests and my comp looks clean. I did recently re-install THREATFIRE and the BLACKBERRY management program.

Remove and replace your drivers for chipset and video graphics.
The problem is usually the result of a failed hardware component, rather than virus or infestation. It would be helpful to know your computer brand and model, or motherboard and configuration.
If your video graphics card is a year old, that is where I would look most closely.
The 0x804DB65C usually means unknown file path... but that can mean the device is bad, or the driver is... and you have work to do to figger out which one.

Hey raybay! Here's my comp info:

CPU Type: Intel Celeron D 330, 2666 MHz (20 x 133)
Motherboard Name: Dell Dimension 3000
Motherboard Chipset: Intel Morgan Hill i865GV
System Memory: 512 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)

That computer is decent enough... Works well. Very few failures... and a long history going back to the 2300, 2350, 2400, 3000, and now2 the 3100...
It is likely that you simply have inadequate memory for today's needs. Microsoft has been dumping a huge number of updates... now exceeding 130 on these Dell machines... The 8 updates they installed about two or three weeks ago probably started your problem.
For most Dell 3000 owners, upgrading their memory to 2 GB of DDR 400 PC3200 usually makes the problem go away... You likely have two 256 mb modules... and they could be PC2700 instead of PC3200.
If it is a budget problem, start with one module of 1 GB in one slot, and the 256 mb module in the other. Then add the other 1 GB when you can.

If you have added a video graphics card of your own choosing, that is more likely the first problem, but the memory will fix that as well.
Let us know if this does NOT work.

My apologies raybay but I'm a novice when it comes to this. I can tell ya though, the video card was factory installed. Would you need any logs to look at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back