Complete Vipre uninstall

joys247

I have encountered issues uninstalling Vipre. I was unable to find an uninstaller within the software itself. The program also did not appear in control panel. As an alternative, I downloaded and used Iobit Uninstaller 2.1.0.71 for removal. After that, I also manually deleted the GFI Software folder and all its contents from Program Files. Temp file cleaner was also run after I emptied the recycle bin.

Now, a Vipre installer initializes every time I right-click on a file or folder and I have to cancel it. This seems to me a clear sign Vipre has not been completely removed. I'm afraid the remnants will interfere with my new anti-virus software (Comodo). Plus Secunia PSI found some sort of AVG 10.x remnant during its scan. Along with several other outdated software apps that are less of a concern at this point. None of which show up in control panel. AVG was supposed to have been previously scrubbed from my system.

Will someone kindly instruct me on completely removing all the old anti-virus software so I can avoid conflicts with my new anti-virus software? Any assistance that can be provided will be immensely appreciated.

Back