Computer beeping and giving me drive A error

Status
Not open for further replies.

haidar

hi all

i have a hp pavilion desktop
i had a floppy drive in it that got wrecked so i removed it and threw it away now every time i turn on my computer (at boot) i get a drive A ERROR and i have to pres f2 to continue its annoying
so does anyone have any ideas of fixing or removing this problem without having to insert a new floppy drive

thank you

You have to press F2 o continue?
So it must also say F1 to get into Bios on the same screen :confused:

Just hold down F1 key after you first turn on the computer, then locate 1.44Meg Floppy, and disable it, then save and exit Bios settings.

What happened to your Toshiba Laptop issue and MSI Motherboard issue?
You seem to be going through these computers :D
I've already quoted you the HP support thread, so if you have any further issues always look there first, or H E R E basically.

Note: Older Compaq computers may use the F1, F2, F10, F11 or Del key to give access to BIOS.

I can't wait for your next thread, will it be, "how do I find my manual?" or something bizarre like that?
I think with 73 posts it's really time to update your Profile with your System Specs, don't you feel?
It will save saying what you have all the time on every new thread. Oh and try to put HP Pavilion plus Model Number, it helps support to support you better ;)
Pretty sure you'll be back with another question sometime :)

the only reason i dont put my computer profile (kimsland) its because i use more than one computer and i use them equally so you never no which one i might have problems with

thanks for your help any way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back