Computer beeps upon start up, and won't display anything

Hello.
Upon start up my computer beeps 3 times, one long, two short. this is after it fails to start up 2-3 times and displays nothing? please help.
I have a Gigabyte g1. sniper m3 motherboard.
I have tried replacing the ram with another set, but I still get the same thing.
I have also tried with another graphics card, but agan same thing happens...the graphics card and motherboard are brand new, the ram is roughly 6 months old.
Also the graphics card is really "wobbly" in its slot.

Is there a plastic clip or a screw to hold the graphics card in place? The graphics card probably needs more pressure to get it seated in the slot. It certainly shouldn't be wobbly and as all is new it's unlikely that you've broken anything.

Is there a plastic clip or a screw to hold the graphics card in place? The graphics card probably needs more pressure to get it seated in the slot. It certainly shouldn't be wobbly and as all is new it's unlikely that you've broken anything.

yes. it clips down wheni push it in, it also has scews for the back of it. I put it in one of the other slots, to check and see if it was just the slot, and its much sturdier in the others.

Check the memory slots too

Sorry, what do you mean?

It's not at all clear what the situation is. Are you building a new computer that won't boot up or did you buy a new computer that worked but no longer does so? Ram sticks and graphics cards may require a fair bit of pressure before they seat properly.

yes. it clips down wheni push it in, it also has scews for the back of it. I put it in one of the other slots, to check and see if it was just the slot, and its much sturdier in the others.

Sorry, what do you mean?
Just like you did with the video card, remove the memory and re-install it. The video card should also be secured to the back of the case with a screw

It's not at all clear what the situation is. Are you building a new computer that won't boot up or did you buy a new computer that worked but no longer does so? Ram sticks and graphics cards may require a fair bit of pressure before they seat properly.

its a new computer that I built, and worked for a couple of weeks, but no longer does. it worked the other night, then we went out for the day and when we got home, was doing this.

Just like you did with the video card, remove the memory and re-install it. The video card should also be secured to the back of the case with a screw

ive done that already, was one of the first things I did... If I was to clear the CMOS could that possibly be my fix?

its a new computer that I built, and worked for a couple of weeks, but no longer does. it worked the other night, then we went out for the day and when we got home, was doing this.
Sounds like a hardware failure, maybe the motherboard...

Back