Computer constantly freezing

kel1987

I am running Vista Basic

My computer is constantly freezing. I have done scans for malware/virus's and it comes back clean. But still freezing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

for instances, how often your computer is freezing? I mean, are you running some applications when it freezes?

Every 5 minutes minimum. I have the services (msconfig) configured to only start up stuff I need and not all the other junk.

When running firefox there is only a total of 46 processes running.

I can try to open a simple program like notepad or calculator and it'll freeze.

How much RAM are you using? Also try tracking tempuratures when your trying to use it. "speedfan" is a good program for that

Its 1 gb of ram. Which I know isn't alot but I didn't have issues like this until recently. I will try speedfan also, do you know of a link I could get it?

I would send it to you but its 2mb...look it up on google (Verson 4.38)
I would also advise you to but atleast one more stick (1GB) because vista uses alot of memory

I found it, not sure what to do with it though.

And due to lack of money I am not able to ad more ram, but like I said before my computer ran smoothly before but not its not.

RAM is dirt cheap at the moment, im guessing your only using DD2 so 1gb would be $40 max.
Install it and run the program and it will show many different devices and what their temps are

38 - HD0
62 - Temp1
43 - Core 0

Those are the temps showing. I have no clue what any of it means lol.

And that may be cheap to some but to me right now with this economy that is alot! And at that my computer is nearly impossible to get into. :(

Oh and thats Australian 40 by the way, so half for you. Yea those sound ok, i can't help you anymore without actually looking inside your case so i would find an exspert to have a look one day.

Probably, take a look at your hard drives. Is it already full? ..Try to have a disk defragment. Vista, really consumes a lot of memory, so it's better to uninstall unnecessary software applications that you have in your PC, since that you do not have a much higher RAM.

Back