Computer Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai

My computer seems to be crashing quite a bit lately, its up to about twice a day. It will just randomly happen to. I was watching a movie on my Xbox and my computer just restarted out of no where, it showed a blue screen (BSOD?) for like .5 seconds and then it shut down.

After it crashes and tries to reboot, it won't read my HDD, so I have to turn it off for about 10-15 minutes and then it will finally read it and start to turn on, then it says "Checking NVRAM (or NDRAM) Updated....OK" and then sits at a "-" for a couple of seconds, then finally comes back on.

So I downloaded HJT and ran it and saved the log, I can't run anyother programs and post their logs because I have a Windows Vista 64 bit, so they aren't compatible with 64 bit. So I'm hoping someone here can tell me what is wrong with my computer, because it's also considerably slower than it used to be (built it in January 08), its a quad core processor and 8GB ram, so it should not be slow.

If you believe you are infected I suggest going to the Security and the Web forum here at TechSpot and attach your hijack log there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back