Computer doesn’t post after replacing Mobo, CPU, and RAM

I’ve recently built a mostly new computer that doesn’t want to post. The motherboard’s light glows yellow-orange (meaning there’s a boot device issue) and it has never beeped. The fans spin, the lights glow, everything looks fine until I notice that yellow-orange light and my monitor’s dark.

Components (Only the Mobo, CPU, RAM, and NVMe drive are new):
ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8) 2400 MHz
NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB
Corsair RM750x
Intel SSD7 NVMe M.2 256GB
WD Blue 1TB HDD
WD Blue 4TB HDD
Samsung 255GB SSD
And three other case fans

The computer use to have DDR3 components and water damage on the Mobo. The NVMe drive is the only unused (empty) drive and the three other drives were in use with the old parts. This is pretty much my first build and in trying to extent it's lifespan it won’t start (won’t post)

Have you done a clean install of OS? Was last use of devices Legacy with MBR? may need to repartition for UEFI.

You might have to follow the standard process of elimination... disconnect the drives and then see if the system boots and shows anything from the BIOS on the monitor, if nothing, replace the GPU with another and test again. The drives shouldn't cause an issue unless there's physical damage to the controller or media.

Back