Computer doesn't start when powered on

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i start up my computer ( dell ) every thing quickly lights up. except for the monitor. and with in seconds of starting the computer the fan in the back turns on and is very loud. and so nothing turns on. my keyboard or mouse no longer light up. and my monitor just says no signal. i dont know whats going on and what to do. all that i hear is a very loud fan. please some one help me.

Ahh Dell.....famous for its fail often power supplies.. from what i can remember of these machines they used a PSU built specifically for Dell machines...it has to be the same one as that which is in the machine or it wont work.

If you haven't made any changes recently, then yeah, definately a psu prob.... if you have made changes recently however, make sure to recheck what you've done. Double check power connections on your motherboard, make sure the LED on your motherboard turns on, make sure the various cards mounted on your motherboard are affixed properly, etc etc.... but yeah, like 600 says, its most probably just yer psu that died or at least is on its way to the grave....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back