Computer freezes randomly

My computer has started to randomly freeze after lending the mouse to one friend of mine... I don't know if this has anything to do with it as I don't know much of computers...
It freezes really randomly, sometimes after hours and sometimes even when loading the windows...

Microsoft WIndows XP
Home Edition
Service Pack 3
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 3600+
2.00 GHz
512 RAM

Did you do anything else with your computer besides lending out your mouse, i.e. updates, new software installation, etc.?

From what I remember, about one month ago before lending the mouse I downloaded a hacking program thatmy sis wanted for an application... And I have cleaned up the pc recently, three days ago...

"I downloaded a hacking program that my sis wanted for an application"...

What was the name "hacking" program and of the application? What did you use to "clean up" the PC?

"I downloaded a hacking program that my sis wanted for an application"...

What was the name "hacking" program and of the application? What did you use to "clean up" the PC?

What T asked; and you really need to make sure that "hacking" program is fully removed.

Hi,

To find out which startup application is causing the issue. Please follow the steps below:

Clean Boot will help you start your computer by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs so that you can

determine whether a background program or any of the third party service is interfering with your program.

Steps to perform a Clean Boot:

1. Click Start on your Desktop
2. Type msconfig in the Start Search box and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
3. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
4. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
5. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
6. Click OK.
7. When you are prompted, click Restart.

Hi,

To find out which startup application is causing the issue. Please follow the steps below:

Clean Boot will help you start your computer by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs so that you can

determine whether a background program or any of the third party service is interfering with your program.

Steps to perform a Clean Boot:

1. Click Start on your Desktop
2. Type msconfig in the Start Search box and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
3. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
4. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
5. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
6. Click OK.
7. When you are prompted, click Restart.

Nice!

Back