Computer Fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day I was playing World of Warcraft on my computer and all of the sudden it shuts off. I go to turn it back on but nothing happens. I noticed a smell coming from the power supply and figured it had fried. So I bought a new one (520w) and threw it in. The computer will now power on but I get ''No Signal'' coming from the monitor when I connect it to the video card. I reattatched all the cables inside but it does not help. Could the power supply have caused my video card to fry as well, or even the entire motherboard? The AMD chip seems to be working at the very beginning but the whole thing seems to stop responding after a few seconds. Here are my specs:

AMD 64 2800 (Brand New)
Gigabyte GA-K8NS Motherboard
1 gig of PC2700 Ram
Soundblaster Live Value

Any tips and advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please would you take a few moments to read this post. A message for all newcomers. Thanks.

I would be inclined to agree with your assesment that, it`s either a bad videocard, or the mobo.

Try changing the videocard. If that doesn`t work then I`m afraid it looks like your mobo has fried.

Regards and good luck Howard :wave: :wave:

Tried Videocard

Ok, seems the videocard isn't the problem. I put it in another computer and the monitor is fine. *sigh*....does this mean its the mobo and processor for sure? Or is there any other possibility? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back