Computer is having issues with administration privileges & installation

ingeborgdot

My tech and I am baffled as to what is going on with my computer. He has been trying to install Adobe products but all installs are failing and coming up with error code 1402. It does this with all msi type installs. He is the admin as was I on this computer but it keeps on saying things like we have insufficient privileges and things like that. I know things about computers but when it comes to something like this, I'm lost.

He says some registry keys don't have an owner and he goes in and fixes some and tries the install again only to have it happen again. He says the msi installer could not open the key if that makes any sense. I have tried revo uninstaller on the computer as some had suggested and it worked for some installs but not for this one. What other info do I need to supply so we can get this issue fixed? Thanks.

We're running windows 10 on this machine.

Completely remove all Adobe products first. There are specialized Adobe removal programs eg "Flash Player Uninstaller 23.0.0.185". There are many independent removal programs as well.

Also try Registry repair & cleaning programs. Again there are many. My preferences are:
Advanced Systemcare, Glary Utilities

Back