Computer is randomly Hanging

Saito

I saw someone else post something similar, I gave it a read through, But it wasn't really the same, Anyway heres my system info and whats going on.

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Core i5 2300 @ 2.80GHz 47 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology

RAM
4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
Acer Aspire M3970 (CPU 1) 45 °C

Graphics
P246HL (1920x1080@60Hz)
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6570 (Sapphire/PCPartner) 52 °C

Storage
1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EADS-00W4B0 (SATA) 54 °C

Optical Drives
ATAPI BD E DH12E3SH
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device

Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device

I use my system for 2 main uses,
Watching Anime and Playing Games.

Every now and again the computer will hang, If I'm playing sound at the time the sound card will (slur) anything I'm listening too almost like super-slow-mo This will happen roughly 1-5 times then the system will carry on like nothing happened.

This can/will happen during games (Most often), Web browsing (less often) and recording games (Less often).

I did a full reinstall of Windows 7 roughly 6-8 months ago (Im sure there is a way to check this) this has prevented the problem from re-occurring for a while...

About 2 months ago I had issues with it again... My mate fixed it by telling me to re-seating the memory into a different slot. The problem was solved for the time being.

My mate (see above) who was a little more tech savvy then me (He actually repairs them for a living) but as he is in america he couldn't look at it directly. He used TeamViewer to give it a lookover and installed Tune-up utility's and forced the computer to run a chkdisk /src or something along those lines. Tuneup is still running and the chkdisk came up clean...

Now not even 3 days ago it seems to have re-appeared.

Any help would be wonderful.

The copy/paste below is a copy of a few of the most recent event viewer errors under system logs.

The current time is 3:40AM

(CRITICAL)The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. This was a forced restart due to the computer not responding

(ERROR)The previous system shutdown at 2:52:32 AM on ‎1/‎27/‎2015 was unexpected.

(WARNING)The attempt by user Saito-H\Saito to restart/shutdown computer SAITO-H failed This was a shutdown attempt during a long hang, the hang restored as the shutdown began so I canceled it

(ERROR) The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period.

(ERROR)A timeout was reached (60000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Windows Error Reporting Service service to connect.

df2c3d1dd4a599e97422586f77f6ca6a.png

I have the catalyst control center, It bugs me whenever there is a new update. So im constantly up-to date.

Okay, now how about trying another power supply. You didn't mention any power supply in your posted specs...

Oh, Sorry the program I was using to read my specs cant see it. However looking inside my computer reveals its a A-power 680W model number P4-A680E

On a side note, I dont have any spare PSU.

Very similar (If not) this one
P143084.jpg

Okay on a further side note, Do you think it may be due to overheating, Since I made this post it hasn't hung once and I've changed nothing.

Its currently the middle of summer here, And it goes anywhere between 30-34 °C - 86-93 °F
My computer can run (Something like) 74C for the Graphics card, 54 on the Harddrive stuff like that.

Sorry to revive this again, I didn't get the PSU.

However I couldn't access my computer at all. I would log in and the computer would instantly hang, With the exception of one program that I could move (Steam) but it would not do anything.

It did this about 5 times, Now the computer was booting to a BSOD kernel_data_inpage_error straight after the windows logo.
e43b182f_l.jpeg

Me being me (Impatient) Got mad at it and proceeded to format it. I'm now running Windows 8.1 and am not BSOD'ing anymore.

Back