Computer keeps crashing

Hello!

I have been experiencing a problem with my pc recently (Windows Vista, service pack 2). Basically it crashes in games. It has never done this before, it started about a week ago. It crashes in games i've played before with no problems.

I get about 5 minutes of gameplay and then the screen goes black and the sound repeats itself.

Pc specs:

Windows Vista service pack 2
Nvidia geforce gt220
3gb RAM
intel core duo E7500 2.93 ghz

Follow this guide to get into Event Viewer and try to find the report generated when the crash occurred to see what it reports. It will most likely be under Applications and Services.

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/vista/vista_event_viewer.htm

Check that your Graphics card is clean and the fan is running freely, blow it out with a can of compressed air. Remove the card and clean the contacts with a soft pencil eraser (up and down not from end to end), repeat this with your memory sticks.

You could also try running with just one memory stick installed and then swap them over to try with the other one if the problem persists.

thanks a lot, i have cleaned the pc we will see what happens.

I dont have a compressed air can, but i have an airsoft gun and a vacuum cleaner :)

after many wonder-filled sighs when i saw the huge dust clouds the battery of the gun ran out :p

So there was a lot of dust in there, it might have been overheating but we will see.

Do not use a vacuum cleaner

They are prone to get highly charged with static electricity which can cause irreparable damage to your PC.

Back