Computer keeps restarting after installing two extra RAM modules

Hello all,

This is my first post here. I hope some of you can help me out with my issue.

I recently purchased X2 8GB Kingston hyperx Fury DDR4 2666 RAM. My computer currently has X2 8GB RAM that are of the same type. I want to add the extra two RAM sticks so that the total memory is 32GB. However, when I insert the two extra ram modules and start up my computer, all it does is restarts and shuts down on a continuos loop with nothing showing on the Monitor.

I have tested all four memory slots with a single 8GB RAM and each slot works fine and the computer boots normally.

My PC currently contains the following hardware:

Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI ATX motherboard
X2 8GB Kingston Fury DDR4 2666 RAM
X2 Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming GPU's
i5 6600K 3.5GHz CPU
700W Power Supply
Windows 10

Thanks for reading
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

An old stick or a new stick? Have you tried the new sticks without the old sticks and each new stick alone?
Hi,
Yes I have tried all sticks individually and they all seem to work. However when all four rams are installed the computer just turns off and on continuously.

Hi,
Yes I have tried all sticks individually and they all seem to work. However when all four rams are installed the computer just turns off and on continuously.
Check manual for memory configuration..there might be some special issue... also double check RAM version number against the tested and supported RAM list for your motherboard.

Back